Self Assessment Tax Returns

Self-assessment tax returns

There are a number of reasons why you may have to complete a tax return;

  • You were self-employed – you can deduct allowable expenses
  • You got £2,500 or more in untaxed income, for example from tips or renting out a property
  • Your income from savings or investments was £10,000 or more before tax
  • Your income from dividends from shares was £10,000 or more before tax
  • You were a company director – unless it was for a non-profit organisation (such as a charity) and you didn’t get any pay or benefits, like a company car
  • Your income (or your partner’s) was over £50,000 and one of you claimed Child Benefit
  • You had income from abroad that you needed to pay tax on
  • Your taxable income was over £100,000
  • You were a trustee of a trust or registered pension scheme
  • You had a P800 from HMRC saying you didn’t pay enough tax last year – and you didn’t pay what you owe through your tax code or with a voluntary payment
  • Your State Pension was more than your Personal Allowance and was your only source of income – unless you started getting your pension on or after 6 April 2016

We are pleased to offer a fixed fee service starting from just £150 plus VAT also if you prefer, you can spread this over a 12-month regular standing order to help with your cash flow.

Our fixed fee service includes completion of the tax return, calculating the tax due, filing the return with HMRC and providing you with a copy. Plus all telephone calls, meetings and of course unlimited support!

For further information and a tailored quote please email and one of our team will be in touch. Alternatively please do call our office on 01223 455183.

If you are unsure whether your have to complete a tax return then please check by following this link provided by HMRC